Thursday, August 31, 2017

Free Golf?

A few years ago, a friend of mine called me and asked me to come play a round of golf with him. He said that if I would come then he would take care of the green fees. When we arrived, my friend checked us in and gave the manager two ticket vouchers that had the words "Free Golf" printed on them. 

The manager replied, "Wow! I went to a golf convention in Louisville a few weeks ago and handed out 6,000 of these free vouchers and you guys are among the few that actually took our offer!" 

He began to explain to us that out of 6,000 vouchers that only about 200 had come in for free golf. I began to think of the gospel. Christ paid the debt for all to come and be saved, but so few come! 

The voucher that God has given mankind is Roman 10:9-10, 13. 

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

I'll never forget the day that I took God at his Word and called upon Christ to save me! I just showed up and he paid my "sin fee"! 

Why would you reject or neglect so great an offer?  Take God at his word and be saved today! 


No comments:

Post a Comment