Friday, August 2, 2013

A Story of God's Provision!


Occasionally the Lord does something that makes your jaw drop and you wonder “can this really be happening?”  I had one such event take place a few months ago and I have been hesitant to share it for fear of being accused of being a sensationalist or an exaggerator.  

A few months ago our family was traveling in South Dakota on deputation.  We were staying in the prophets chamber at a church in the state for a few days. I was doing our finances and I noticed that we were quickly going to run out of money.  The love offerings that we had received covered the costs of our getting to the state, but not much more than that. Our car was almost out of gas and I took our last $50 to the gas station to fill up the gas tank. I stood by the pump and silently prayed something like this: “Lord, I know that you meet my needs.  Would you please provide for us again?  We are out of money and I need your help.”

I went into the gas station to pay and on my way out I noticed some paper in the gutter of the parking lot.  I reached down to pick it up and noticed that it was a one dollar bill!  I looked for the person that dropped it and noticed that I was the only person in the parking lot.  I stuffed the money in my pocket and got in my car to leave.  

As I was sitting in my car I thought that there was something strange about the money I just picked up.  It felt like there was more than just one bill in there.  I unfolded it and this is what I found......



He did it again.  He has never failed.  There really is a God in Heaven that really can take care of you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment