Monday, April 1, 2013

You See A Trailer, I See God's Hand of Provision




"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." - Phil 4:19

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." - Pro 3:5

"And God is able to make all grace abound toward you..." 2 Cor 9:8

"Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?" - Matt 6:26


You learn things on deputation.  You learn things that you never would have learned if you had not gone on deputation.  Things that you can't learn from a book, bible college, or any other person.  One of the greatest things you can learn on deputation is this: God never fails to meet your needs.  




We have been traveling with a small trailer behind our car for a while now and recently that trailer was damaged. To make things worse, I actually noticed the damage as we were pulling out of our driveway to go on the road for a month! The timing could not have been worse!  

We needed a miracle and we needed one fast!  We had to go on the road and we did not have anyway to carry our month's worth of luggage with us!  What could we do?

The next morning I started to make calls about renting trailers.  The lowest quote I could find was several hundred dollars.  I didn't have that much money and I would not have spent that much on a trailer if I had it anyway.  

I had no options left.  I simply prayed and said: "Lord I don't know what to do, but I know that you have never failed to meet a single need that we have had thus far. I trust you."  

Less than 2 hours later I had a 4x8 Uhaul trailer rented for a month for FREE!!!  

I didn't miss any meetings, I didn't lose any money, (I didn't have any to begin with) and I really didn't lose any sizable amount of gas mileage with this Uhaul trailer.  God has provided again.  

I could share dozens of stories like this.  I could tell you of the time that I boarded a plane to Kenya and didn't have enough money to have my annual conference and the person in the seat next to me pulled out his wallet and gave me the exact amount of money that I needed!  I could tell you about the time that I had no money in the bank, no money in my wallet, and no gas in my car as I pulled up to a church in Maine and during the break between Sunday School and church a man came up to me and put several hundred dollars in my hand and said "God Bless You."  

Let me just sum it all up for you:  God never fails to meet my needs!  

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take him at his word.
 
Be not dismayed whate'er betide, 
God will take care of you; 
beneath his wings of love abide, 
God will take care of you.

God will take care of you, 
through every day, o'er all the way; 
he will take care of you, 
God will take care of you.

Through days of toil when heart doth fail, 
God will take care of you; 
when dangers fierce your path assail, 
God will take care of you.

All you may need he will provide, 
God will take care of you; 
nothing you ask will be denied, 
God will take care of you.

No matter what may be the test, 
God will take care of you;
lean, weary one, upon his breast, 
God will take care of you.


 "And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of man is this! for he commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey him." - Luke 8:25






As I continue down the road again I have a renewed trust and faith that the Lord never has failed me and he simply never will fail me.  What a wonderful God we serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment